apple, white pear and a slight touch of tropical fruits, accented by aromas of honeysuckle
moderate temperatures influenced by nearby San Pablo Bay.
We use multiple clones, but focus on the aromatic musqué. The musqué clone is delicate and needs a light touch with both oak and malolactic fermentation so it does not get overwhelmed by either. To highlight this beautiful clonal material, we put 70% of the blend through Stainless fermentation to retain the fresh yellow stone fruit, citrus and pear flavors. he remaining 30% of the blend sees just a light touch of oak --19% new (French) oak and only 30% of the overall blend is allowed to undergo secondary fermentation. Aged for 9 months in barrels and lees stirred weekly for 4 months.
19% new (French) oak. Aged for 9 months in barrels.
poached or grilled seafood, shrimp or crab with spicy aioli, baby greens tossed in citrus honey vinaigrette, avocados, fruit salsa, shaved fennel, tangerines and triple crème cheeses.